Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall means Wine Fests

I love fall in Germany. I may have mentioned that once or twice before. It's my favorite time of year here in Deutschland. I know it's Autumn in these parts when the wine fest starts, the Volksfest is right around the corner, and kurbis can be found in every field.
It really is awesome.
And beautiful.

----

For some odd reason, we have never been to the Stuttgart Wine Fest.
Last year we had a pretty valid excuse just having a baby and all.
The year before we must have been slightly insane for missing such an event.
So this year we made up for it by going twice over the span of a week.
We had to get our fall fill.

----

The weather report said 20% chance of rain that day.
They lied because as soon as we got there, torrential downpours occurred.
I was about ready to pack up and go home.
Thankfully, Chad encouraged me to stick it out and at least get something to eat while down there.
I was so glad we did because after about 10 minutes of pouring rain the sun decided to join us and it was a nice Saturday after all.
The next day was so nice that we walked to the flower fields for sunflowers which ensured that I had some sun in my life for the rest of the week.
Felt more like summer than fall but I'll take it.

----

Below is little man with a little 'hand, foot and mouth' pock on his face. Poor guy.
Can I add that 'hand, foot and mouth' disease is really nasty and an unfortunate effect of daycare.
Below is the FIRST restaurant Chad and I ever ate at in Stuttgart. We've never been back but maybe one day....

----
The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. -Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...