Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Does driving through 3 countries to stay two days, one night in an off-the-grid-town in Italy to buy ceramics sound crazy? Yes?

My coworker and myself spend a lot of time at the office (during breaks of course) discussing one of two things. Recipes (usually from Clean Eating) and Ceramics.
A strange combination maybe?
Sure.
But we can't help ourselves.

I'm not sure when I first learned of Nove, Italy, but it's been a topic of conversation between Angela and myself for some time.
I decided that after a year of breastfeeding, I deserved a little road trip to Italy to buy me some ceramics. Wholesale, yay.

So early one Friday morning, we met up and headed to Nove.
After 6 relatively quick hours we checked into our hotel in Bassano Del Grappa and headed RIGHT to Nove to scope things out.

Nove is located in the Veneto Region of Italy (not far from Vicenza). It's essentially a ghost town (approx. 5000 inhabitants) where big and small ceramic factories operate.
The big factories make the ceramics for Lenox, Tiffany, and Vietri just to name a few.
Only since we went straight to the source we got extra great deals.
Love it.
The next day we spent the first half completing our ceramic collections and the second half driving home.
It was too short of a trip but I was ready to get home to hug my (wonderful) husband (who watched Rhett without one complaint while I went to Italy) and my little boy.

ciao.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...